Josh Lund from FITS just shared a very intriguing resource with me: PlayPosit, which allows educators to create videos with embedded quizzes. PlayPosit appears to be a free service, with paid premium options.
For the right faculty, this looks like a great option to ensure that students are following along with the content for their videos.
- Monday, April 23rd - Sunday, April 29th Registration and Orientation
- Monday, April 30th - Sunday, May 6th Motivation and retention online (TEC-VARIETY model)
- Monday, May 7th - Sunday, May 13th Addressing Diversity and Learning Styles (R2D2 model)
- Monday, May 14th - Sunday, May 20th 50 Hyper-Engaging Ideas: Critical, Creative, Cooperative
- Monday, May 21st - Sunday, May 27th Question and Answer (Q&A) Session
- Monday, May 28th - Sunday, June 3rd Applying TEC-VARIETY and R2D2 with CourseSites
Curt is using Blackboard’s CourseSites to host the MOOC, and the course will focus on empowering you to increase student achievement and success in blended and online learning environments.
I highly recommend faculty and instructional designers sign up for the course.
I presented ("It's-a me, Mario!" – What playing videogames taught me about effective online course design) at the 2012 DePaul Faculty Teaching and Learning Conference on Friday. The webpage and handouts for the presentation are now live, and can be found here.