- Monday, April 23rd - Sunday, April 29th Registration and Orientation
- Monday, April 30th - Sunday, May 6th Motivation and retention online (TEC-VARIETY model)
- Monday, May 7th - Sunday, May 13th Addressing Diversity and Learning Styles (R2D2 model)
- Monday, May 14th - Sunday, May 20th 50 Hyper-Engaging Ideas: Critical, Creative, Cooperative
- Monday, May 21st - Sunday, May 27th Question and Answer (Q&A) Session
- Monday, May 28th - Sunday, June 3rd Applying TEC-VARIETY and R2D2 with CourseSites
Curt is using Blackboard’s CourseSites to host the MOOC, and the course will focus on empowering you to increase student achievement and success in blended and online learning environments.
I highly recommend faculty and instructional designers sign up for the course.
Later, Beth Rubin shared an article (Blackboard: A Tale Of 2 Companies) that explores Blackboard’s finances and future. Again, very interesting reading. Wondering if Blackboard will offer a rebuttal.
DePaul migrated Learning Management Systems at the end of 2010 to Desire2Learn. DePaul’s old LMS (Blackboard) has been available since then, but access will end on June 30th of this year. However, you can move files and courses off Blackboard and into D2L. FITS has a series of instructions that cover the process:
- If you need any of the course files (syllabi, discussion prompts, handouts, etc.), request that the Blackboard course be migrated to D2L using the course migration form
- If you need a record of student grades, download your gradebook and save it locally
- If you need copies of student work, download each assignment and save it locally
While Information Services will make an archive copy of courses currently on the system, these archives will NOT contain any student information so follow steps 2 and 3 above prior to the June 30th date if you would like to have an archive of student data available to you.
If you have questions about any of these steps, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As you may have heard, the University is moving to a new online learning management system for Winter quarter. Desire2Learn will replace Blackboard beginning in December 2010. The new system can be found at http://D2L.depaul.edu. Documents and course files from the 2009-2010 academic year have been copied across into a staging area in Desire2Learn. The staging area is under the “BBImports” tab. If you discover that courses that you need have not been copied across, then you can manually request a transfer with this online form:
To successfully use the new D2L system, a basic 2-hour training is strongly advised. The College of Commerce has set up three training sessions in November especially for our part-time faculty. Just click on the link below for the date/time you wish to attend. You are also welcome to sign up for day-time training sessions at the Faculty Instructional Technology Services (FITS) webpage: http://fits.depaul.edu To learn more about our transition to Desire2Learn and for information regarding other teaching support resources please visit http://teachingcommons.depaul.edu.
Remember, ALL Winter Quarter courses will be taught in Desire2Learn (D2L). Blackboard will NOT be available for any courses – online or face-to-face. So, sign-up for training today!
Mon, Nov 8th , from 5:30-7:30pm; in Lewis 1307
Thur, Nov 11th , from 5:30-7:30pm; in Lewis 1308
Sat. Nov 13th , from 10am-noon; in DPC 6306