GianMario Besana (DePaul's Associate Provost for Global Engagement and Online Learning) shared an interesting PDF this morning. The report is "Preparing for the Digital University" and comes out of LINK Research Lab. Worthy of a detailed read.
Also worth looking at "MOOC Completion and Retention in the Context of Student Intent" (from EDUCAUSE)
Anyone that enrolls and completes the pilot courses will get SJSU credit. In his words:
“For just $150, you’ll get transferable college credit in key general education subject areas such as: Intro to Programming, Intro to Psychology, Elementary Statistics, College Algebra.”
- Monday, April 23rd - Sunday, April 29th Registration and Orientation
- Monday, April 30th - Sunday, May 6th Motivation and retention online (TEC-VARIETY model)
- Monday, May 7th - Sunday, May 13th Addressing Diversity and Learning Styles (R2D2 model)
- Monday, May 14th - Sunday, May 20th 50 Hyper-Engaging Ideas: Critical, Creative, Cooperative
- Monday, May 21st - Sunday, May 27th Question and Answer (Q&A) Session
- Monday, May 28th - Sunday, June 3rd Applying TEC-VARIETY and R2D2 with CourseSites
Curt is using Blackboard’s CourseSites to host the MOOC, and the course will focus on empowering you to increase student achievement and success in blended and online learning environments.
I highly recommend faculty and instructional designers sign up for the course.