Randy Guthrie (Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist) shared this information about the Microsoft Imagine Cup with me:
Team up with friends or fellow developers to enter your world-changing software innovations to the U.S. Imagine Cup – a global student technology competition presented by Microsoft. U.S. finalists can win up to $6,000, startup and technology mentorship, and the chance to advance to the Imagine Cup global finals, where one team will be selected to win $100,000 for our 15th Imagine Cup anniversary.
Sign up to qualify by December 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm PT
All technology projects are welcome this year – the competition is no longer bound by categories. Get the official Imagine Cup rules here.
- Project must leverage Microsoft Azure (Get Azure for Students or email us at email@example.com)
- Maximum three (3) members per team
- You must be 16+ years of age and attending a US school or university
Quick sign up and next steps!
Visit aka.ms/USICwinterqualify17 to register with the following:
- Team Name and Team Member contact info
- Brief explanation of your idea in video (2 min) or in writing (250 words or less).
Open only to students who are legal residents of the 50 United States + DC, 16+ who are actively enrolled at a US school that grants high school or college/university degrees. Round 1 winter deadline is 12/20/16 at 11:59 pm PT. For full details, see Official rules and regulations.
Find out more! Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit imaginecup.com/usa. Still looking for inspiration? Check out the 2016 U.S. Imagine Cup Finalists and World Imagine Cup Winners.