The next Tech Tuesday is on the 3oth April, 2019 - you can register here.
Zoom is an enterprise video/web conferencing and collaboration solution for all of DePaul's faculty, staff, and student employees. Zoom can integrate with D2L, as well as Outlook email and calendars. You can use it to connect to traditional Polycom videoconference systems, or to replace face-to-face committee meetings.
In this practical session we will cover:
• Zoom’s history, and what it does.
• The competition: Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting , Skype, and TeamViewer
• How to use it in a DePaul classroom to connect to remote presenters (and students).
• How to record classroom content.
• How to edit and share recordings with your students.
• How to create reoccurring meetings.
• How to use the automated transcripts.
• How to annotate your presentations (and let your students do this too).
• Best practices.
• Hacks: remote presentations, sharing screens, and image filters.
As an existing Zoom user, your free account will become associated with DePaul and will be converted to a Pro account, giving you access to the full range of Zoom capabilities. In the coming weeks, look for another email from us including more detailed information on how we will be equipping and onboarding you with Zoom. You can find more information on the additional features you will receive with a Pro account at the following resources: