1) Online Instructor in Distance Education (DEPD position)
UW-Madison, Division of Continuing Studies (DCS)
We are working to fill a vacancy for an Online Instructor in Distance Education in our Continuing Studies Distance Education and Professional Development department.
The application deadline is Aug. 22nd, 2014.
For a full description of the position and how to apply, please go to: http://go.wisc.edu/59374a
2) Instructional Designer/Instructional Technologist (DEPD position)
UW-Madison, Division of Continuing Studies (DCS)
Are you interested in joining a team of outstanding professionals to engage lifelong learners through high-quality and innovative programs and services? We are seeking an instructional designer/technologist to work with faculty and staff developing blended and online courses primarily within the Distance Education Professional Development (DEPD) unit. DEPD prepares educators for online teaching and leadership roles through online courses, certificates, and participation in the Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning. You would also develop online/blended courses for a variety of other units in the DCS Department of Liberal Arts and Applied Studies (LAAS).
The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in instructional design and instructional materials development. A Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree in educational technology, instructional design, education/curriculum development or related discipline preferred.
This position is based in Madison, WI. Applications are due by September 2nd,, 2014.
For a full description of the position and how to apply, please go to: http://go.wisc.edu/mg7tc5
Equal Opportunity Employer
3) Professor of Adult Teaching & Learning (Division position)
UW-Madison, Division of Continuing Studies
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is a public, land-grant institution that exemplifies the “Wisconsin Idea” – that the boundaries of the university are the boundaries of the state and beyond. We seek two tenurable or tenure track faculty to provide leadership and contribute to the department’s expertise in adult teaching and learning, continuing education, and distance learning. These individuals will enhance the department’s capacity to conduct research related to continuing education, including distance education. Applicants must show evidence of the ability to develop an excellent research program in adult teaching & learning, and/or continuing education, as well as evidence of knowledge and demonstrated excellence in distance education and teaching adults. An earned Ph.D. in education or related field is required.
Applications are due October 8th, 2014.
For a full description of the position and how to apply, please go to: http://go.wisc.edu/n03l2d
The basic details of the position are as follows:
This Video Production/Instructional Designer will assist the Driehaus College of Business faculty and staff in designing, recording, editing and producing video material for online, hybrid and web-enhanced business courses. The position will also manage all Driehaus College of Business video content and assets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, record, edit and produce video material for online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
- Manage all Driehaus College of Business video content and assets.
- Create Driehaus College of Business reusable learning objects, and record selected events.
- Edit, update and produce multimedia materials and learning objects.
- Consult on best use of DePaul video technologies, multimedia materials and learning objects.
- Showcase and market DePaul courses through electronic means and public events.
- Future duties may require supervision of student workers and graduate assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree.
- Video production expertise.
- 5+ years of editing experience with Apple Final Cut Pro HD.
- 5+ years of technical production.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of video editing software, audio mixing, streaming technologies, HTML, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Skilled in lighting production, stage management and field production techniques and standards.
- Skilled in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively.
- Skilled in video pedagogy.
- Ability to work some evenings or weekends.
- Ability to periodically spend extended periods of time standing during filming.
- Ability to move camera and lighting equipment in the studio and out in the field.
- Business degree.
- Experience in online course design.
To apply, please visit here.
The Google Online Challenge is running again this year, and Google has taken this opportunity to remind students of employment options within the company.
Undergraduate and graduate full-time job opportunities can be found here.
Internship information can be found here.
In addition, Google has a YouTube Students Channel, and a Students Blog.
- .Net Web Developer
- Mid-Level Designer, Interactive + Ecommerce
- Front-End Web Developer / Designer
- PHP Developer
- Java Web Developer
- Project Manager
More information can be found here: