- Online Learning
- Turn on, tune in, and drop out
- Overcoming Barriers II
- So, they have asked you to teach an online course…
- The Mini Studio / Video Best Practices
- Finding Value In Online Discussion
- Overcoming Barriers
- Video Best Practices
- Assessment In Online Learning
- Building the MiniStudio
- iPad Lecture Capture
- Think Like a Business, Run Like a College: Balancing Both Worlds
- Assessing Students Online
- D2L RUG 2012
- "It's-a me, Mario!"
- One Size Does Not Fit All
- Teaching with Twitter and Google Wave
- Fusion 2010
- D2L Study
- Guerilla Lecture Capture
- Barefoot Vodcasting
- DOTS: ScreenFlow
- DOTS: Video
- Tech Tuesdays
This presentation accompanies the DOTS ScreenFlow session and is available in three formats:
|You can view the streaming video version by pressing the play button above.|
|Alternatively, you can download the video as a M4V file. This version will play in iTunes, QuickTime and on iPods, iPhones and Apple TVs.
iTunes is a free download that will work on both Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X.
You are recommended to download and print the accompanying presentation handout (PDF).
ScreenFlow is a screencasting tool that captures live desktop video, microphone and computer audio, and video camera input (internal or external) and then allows for editing after you have finished recording. There are other similar products out there in the marketplace, but I have found ScreenFlow to be the best option for these reasons:
- Affordable price. ScreenFlow has a “street” price of $99, and is available with a 10% educational discount.
- Quick and easy recording. Unlike competing applications, ScreenFlow does not need to encode video immediately after recording.
- Sophisticated editing. ScreenFlows editing options include zoom, panning, callouts, overlays and titling. Everything that I might need is there.
ScreenFlow runs only on OS X Leopard (and above). You can download and purchase ScreenFlow from Telestream. DOTS participants - you should speak to your IDD consultant about getting ScreenFlow installed and licensed.