Written Feedback Appointments
In a Written Feedback Appointment, you can receive feedback on your work no matter where you are or when you’re free. You submit your project electronically and our tutors review it and email it back to you with feedback. Your tutor will write a summary letter and leave comments in the margins that you can review at your own pace.
When you make your appointment, you can attach any applicable materials to the appointment, including your writing prompt, draft, and any sources, such as an article you’re citing, to help your tutor better help you.
How A Written Feedback Appointment Works
- Access WCOnline to submit your paper. For Written Feedback appointments, we can only work with editable file types (e.g. .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .rtf).
- A Written Feedback appointment must have a minimum time of 60 minutes (1 hour) in order to allow time for your tutor to access and read your draft before offering comprehensive feedback.
- In order for our tutors to provide thorough feedback, please consider your priorities for revision when determining the length of your appointment. We’re able to work on:
- 8 double-spaced pages of writing per 1 hour
- 12 double-spaced pages of writing per 1.5 hours
- 16 double-spaced pages of writing per 2 hours
- If you want your tutor to review a specific part of your paper (e.g. pages 8–15 in a 20-page draft for a one-hour appointment), you’ll need to indicate the page range when you make your appointment. Otherwise, the tutor will start their review at the beginning of your document.
- When you set up your appointment, make sure to give your tutor as much information about the assignment or project as possible, including the kind of help you’re interested in, such as feedback on how the draft follows the project requirements or how you develop your argument, help with developing content or a counter-argument, suggestions for how to organize your draft or a particular section of it, or feedback on recurring issues with particular aspects of grammar or punctuation.