- Online Learning
- Tech Tuesdays
- D2L Daylight
- 10 Hacks & Gadgets
- How Students Cheat with Technology
- The Collaboratory
- Mini Studio
- 3D Printing
- Leap Motion, Chromebooks, and Chromecast
- Windows Surface Pro
- iPad Lecture Capture
- Wacom Cintiq
- Android Pendrives and the Raspberry Pi
- Blogging For Faculty
- Technology Tools
- XanEdu and CoursePacks Copy
- Library Timesavers
- Google Wave
- Sansa Clip and NetBooks
- Livescribe Pulse
- Who Watches The Bloggers?
- Class Recording
- Second Life
- Vyew and Camtasia
Technology Tuesdays take place the last Tuesday of each month. These are informal, internal presentations focusing on educational technology and best practices for online and blended learning.
All sessions run from 10 - 11 a.m. (unless noted otherwise).
|Tuesday September 26
10 - 11:00 a.m.
Guest Presentation: Josh Lund - D2L Daylight
DePaul updated D2L to “Daylight” on August 26. Daylight is an improvement to D2L that provides “responsive design” to the interface - it adapts to different screen sizes and looks great on laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Josh Lund from FITS will show you how to take advantage of the changes and new features.
|Tuesday October 31
10 - 11:00 a.m.
Introduction to AR and VR
In this interactive session, you will get a firm grounding on what AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) actually are – the differences between the two, the devices and platforms out there, and how they can be used. We will cover Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, Google Daydream, Google Glass, Microsoft Mixed Reality, HTC Vive, 360° video, and more.
|Tuesday November 28
10 - 11:00 a.m.
Guest Presentation: Patrick J. Murphy - Entrepreneurship MOOC
Patrick J. Murphy has been teaching the four-week “Entrepreneurship I: Principles and Concepts” MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on Coursera. Learn about his experiences and discoveries teaching an online class to students all over the world.
By RSVP’ing I will know if we need to move to a larger room. You can also tell me what subjects you would like me to cover in future sessions.
- September, 2017: D2L Daylight
- August, 2017: 10 Productive Hacks and Gadgets for Professors
- August, 2016: D2L for Busy Faculty
- April, 2016: Social Media Guide For Professors
- March, 2016: How Students Cheat with Technology
- January, 2016: Introduction to Collaboratory Technology
- October, 2015: Introduction to Collaboratory Technology
- March, 2015: D2L for Busy Faculty
- February 2015: i>Clickers
- July, 2014: 3D Printing
- March, 2014: D2L for Busy Faculty
- February, 2014: Google Glass
- August, 2013: Leap Motion, Chromebooks, and Chromecast
- July, 2013: Microsoft Windows Surface Pro
- June, 2013: iPad Lecture Capture
- May, 2013: MOOCs
- April, 2013: Android Pendrives and the Raspberry Pi
- March, 2013: MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
- October, 2012: D2L for Busy Faculty
- September, 2012: Social Media Guide For Educators
- July, 2012: iPads and Mobile Devices In The Classroom
- June, 2012: Blogging for Faculty
- March, 2012: Ebooks and Etextbooks
- February, 2012: D2L for Busy Faculty
- November, 2011: Essential Technology Tools for Teaching
- October, 2011: Learning with iPad
- August, 2011: How Students Cheat with Technology
- May, 2011: Videoconferencing
- October, 2010: XanEdu
- September, 2010: Desire2Learn
- August, 2010: Apple iPads in the Classroom
- July, 2010: Desire2Learn
- May, 2010: Library Timesavers
- April, 2010: Copyright
- March, 2010: Introduction to D2L
- February, 2010: Bringing Guest Speakers to the Classroom with Skype and Wimba
- January, 2010: Podcast Producer2
- November, 2009: Google Wave
- August, 2009: Blackboard Makeover
- May, 2009: ScreenFlow
- April, 2009: Twitter
- March, 2009: Filming in the Classroom (with the Flip, Vado and Zi6)
- January, 2009: EditGrid
- November, 2008: Sansa Clip Podcasting (and NetBooks)
- August, 2008: Livescribe Pulse Smartpen
- July, 2008: Who Watches The Bloggers?
- June, 2008: Class Recording
- April, 2008: Wimba
- February, 2008: IDD Video Services
- November, 2007: Podcasting
- September, 2007: Designing an online course
- August, 2007: Blogging and RSS
- June, 2007: Second Life
- May, 2007: Vyew and Camtasia