Keys to Grade Marks by Dr. Justin Maresh
Chemistry 341 - Biochemistry Lab I
- [Guide to my comment marks]
- I make marks and comments in text and the right margin.
- Next to a comment, I may note deducted points. These numbers are comments for your information and may be duplicated elsewehere for tracking purposes.
- I track deducted points either in the left margin or shape rubrics (see below).
- A deduction of "–X" is a warning that points will be deducted in your next assignment for the
- Deductions of "–M" are
errors in writing mechanics (including reasoning and style) that I am tallying separately from the assignment's content goals.
- In the shape rubrics below, a checkmark (✔) means you lost no points for the item and a negative number means you lost that many points for the item. Each shape rubric is assignment specific.
- [My lab report writing guidelines]
Lab 1 - Assignment 1
Lab 2 - Assignment 2
Lab 3 - Assignment 3
Lab 4 - Report 1
Lab 5 - Assignment 4
Lab 6 - Report 2
Lab 8 - Report 3