Keys to Grade Marks by Dr. Justin Maresh
Chemistry 131 - General Chemistry Lab I
- [Guide to my proofreaders' marks]
- I make marks and comments in text and the right margin.
- Next to a comment, I may note deducted points. These numbers are comments for your information and may be duplicated elsewehere for tracking purposes.
- I track deducted points either in the left margin or shape rubrics (see below).
- A deduction of "–X" is a warning that points will be deducted in your next assignment for the
- In the shape rubrics below, a checkmark (✔) means you lost no points for the item and a negative number means you lost that many points for the item. Each shape rubric is assignment specific.
- [My lab report writing guidelines]
- Scientific writing score: 10 points were distributed according to the graphical rubric above and 2 points were for the procedure.
- Discussion question: you must have chosen the most precise and accurate glassware based on percent error and difference from expected value respectively.