| Desale Habtzghi
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Phone: (773) 325-4054
Winter 2019 Office Hours
3:30 PM -5:30 PM
Wednesday and Thursday
at Lincoln Park Campus
Other Hours by Appointment
Ph.D., Statistics, The University of Georgia, 2006
M.S., Statistics, The University of Georgia, 2003.
M.S., Mathematic, Southern Illinois University, 2001.
B.S. Mathematics (with distinction)
University of Asmara, 1996.
Survival Analysis, Biostatistics, Statistical Computing,
Statistical Inferences (parametric and nonparametric),
Mathematical Statistics Methodology and Application,
Applications in Social and Behavioral science.
18. A Systematic Review Comparing Dose Response of Exercise on Cardiovascular and All-Cause Mortality
(2019), to appear in the Journal of Home Health Care Management & Practice, joint with Moxley, E.
The Mixture Problem in Falke Analysis: Allocating Flake Samples to Segments of Reduction
using Constrained Least Square Regression Methods.
(2019), Journal of Archaeological Science, 103, 46-56, joint with Shott, M. J
Prevention and Treatment of Pediatric Obesity: A Strategy Involving Children, Adolescents and the Family for Improved Body Composition
(2018), Journal of pediatric nursing, 45, 13-19, joint with ( Moxley, E., Klinkhamer, N., Wang, H., Donnelly, S., Dykhuizen, J.)
Morphometric and volumetric comparison of 102 children with symptomatic
and asymptomatic Chiari malformation type I (2017),
Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics, pp.1-7, joint with (Geh, N., Khalsa, S.S., Martin, B.A., Allen, P.A., Strahle, J.,
Loth, F., Urbizu, A., McQuaide, D., Garton, H.J.L., Muraszko, K.M., Maher, C.O.)
14. Toward disentangling stages in mixed assemblages of flake debris from biface
reduction: An experimental approach (2016), Journal of
Archaeological Science, 70, 172-180, joint with Shott, M. J.
13. Modified Clopper-Pearson Confidence Interval for Binomial Proportion (2014), Journal of Statistical
Theory and Application,Vol. 13, No. 4, 296-310, joint with (Midha, C and Das, A.)
12. Estimation of Regression Model Using a Two Stage Nonparametric Approach (2013),
Journal of Applied Mathematics, 4, 1189-1198, joint with Park, J.
10. Combining Paired and Two-Sample Data Using a Permutation Test (2013),
Journal of Data Science, 11, 767-779, joint with Einsporn, R.
9. One sample goodness of fit tests in presence of shape restrictions on the hazard rate function (2013).
Sankhya, Volume 74-B, Part 2, 171-194, joint with Datta, S.
8. Cap-hardening parameters of Cam-clay model variations with soil moisture content and shape-restricted
regression model (2013). Agricultural Engineering International: CIGR Journal, 15(2), 10-24, joint with (Tekeste, M.
and Koolen, J.)
7. Deciphering the epidemic synergy of herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) on human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection among women in sub-Saharan Africa (2012),
,Journal of BMC Res Notes. 5(1):451, joint with (Ghebremicael, M and Paintsil, E)
6. NPD Project Portfolio, Environment, and Performance,"
(joint with P. Srivastava, A. Dey and G. L. Frankwick), Peer reviwed proceeding, Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators' 39th Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, March 2, 2012
5. Nonparametric Estimation of Density and Hazard Rate Functions with Shape Restrictions (2011),
Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 23, Volume 23 (2), 455–470, joint with Meyer, M.
4. Estimation of Hazard Functions with Shape Restrictions using Regression Splines (2010),
Nonparametric Statistics and Mixture Models: A Festschrift in Honor of Thomas P. Hettmansperger,
pp 252-266. Editors Donald Richards, James L. Rosenberger, and David Hunter, joint with Meyer, M.
3. Soil strength assessment using threshold probability approach on soils from three agro-ecological zones
(2007). Biosystems Engineering 470-478, joint with Tekste, M. and Stroosnijder, L.
2. Median of the P-value under the Alternative Hypothesis (2002),
the American Statistician, Volume 56, Issue 3, Pages 202-207, joint with Bhattacharya, B.
1. Dissertation:Maximum likelihood based estimation of hazard function under shape restrictions and related statistical inference
. Department of Statistics, University of Georgia (2006). Major Advisors: Somnath Datta and Mary C. Meyer
Some algorithms, data sets and R codes related to my research
R Code for Confidence Interval for Bionmial Probability
R Code for Waste Flake Size Distribution
5K race data set for the combined permutation test
R Code for Combining Paired and Two-Sample Data
R Code for Nonparametric Estimation of Optimal Retention
Careers in Statistics
- Careers in Statistics
Comprehensive Examinations Info
- Comp Exam Info
January 20, 2019.
The content and opinions expressed on this Web page do not necessarily reflect
the views of nor are they endorsed by DePaul University.