Notes for Joseph Music
- m.78 to end conducted in 6
- m.35 - 38 are repeated (By the way: All measure are inclusive. I.e. Measures 35 through 38 are repeated).
- m. 43: tempo picks up
#1 JACOB AND SONS / JOSEPH’S COAT
- In m.65, only the people holding the dotted half note play. Put a fermata over the dotted half. There is a ceasura (break) after that note. We will then repeat measure 65 at a faster tempo.
- m.161 is a subito pianissimo
2. JOSEPH’S DREAMS
- m.78-75 are repeated
- in the last measure (m.95), orchestra should play a concert G minor chord on beat 3.
3. POOR POOR JOSEPH
- the repeat between m. 32-35 is OUT
- m. 60 has a rit
4. ONE MORE ANGEL
- Song ENDS at m.89 after beat 2.
- After a brief break, we will have a 2 measure introduction by the trumpet (Jeff come see me) and then we will play measures 26-33 three times. The tempo is fast (it’s a hoe-down). Trumpet will then play a 4 measure ending.
- Following the hoe-down, we jump all the way to measure 161.
- In m.36 and again in m.68, percussion should play the block rhythm from measure 3.
- m. 76 is repeated
- there is a ceasura at the end of m. 83.
7. GO GO JOSEPH
- m.19: tempo is Andante
- m.43-50 Orchestra is TACET
- m.136: Only people playing half-note should play. There is a fermata over the note. THE SONG ENDS HERE.
- We now jump to Go-Go-Go Joseph which you will receive at the first rehearsal.
9. POOR POOR PHAROH/SONG OF THE KING
- Bit rit at end (m.85-86).
- After end of song, we will go back and repeat m.83 to end (with pickup).
12. THOSE CANAAN DAYS
- fermata over dotted quarter in m.4
- m. 91: Fermata over the dotted eigth in beat 3 (people playing half notes should also hold). I will cut you off and then we will play that note and hold it again. We will then continue on.
- m. 97: fermata over the first chord. Ceasura after it.
At the end of #18 (Any Dream Will Do), we will insert the MEGAMIX. This will be a compilation of lots of songs that are in the show. It will (and I apologize for this), involve photocopying since it will be impossible to do the page turns from all the different numbers. Anybody who spends money on photocopies will be reimbursed for the amount.
At this point the show ends. I have not decided what we will use for playoff music, but it will probably be the PLAYOUT (the last number in your book).