IT-238 – Interactive Web Scripting
Joseph (Yosef) Mendelsohn
| Office Hours | Checklist
Tutoring Schedule | Academic Calendar | D2L Login
always use your D2L checklist!
- Syllabus and overview of course
- Review of fundamental HTML, CSS, and JS concepts
- Comments: Because there are several different
faculty teaching IT-130 as well as some students who have come directly
into this course, this first week’s material will focus on trying to get
everybody up to speed so that we are all doing things in a consistent manner.
As a result, it is possible that for some of you, there will be little
that is brand new in this week’s material. However, most of you will
probably find at least a few things that are done differently from what
you are used to. Pay close attention to the learning objectives at the
beginning of each of the review lectures. The goal of this week is to make
sure that you are able to write code using ALL of the techniques discussed
in these review Powerpoints.
- Presentation Files: Syllabus
- Example Files: french_indian_war_with_divs.htm
| js_review_one.htm | invoke_js_function_button.htm
- You will want to right-click
and save these files to your computer so that you can open them up
in a text editor and study / review / experiment with them.
- Accessory Files: You’ll also need to save this picture of
Washington for the French/Indian war example.
- Videos: Links to accompanying videos, such as the one
relating to the museum admission example, can be found on your D2L
- Assignment: Can be found on checklist
- Events Part 2
- Escaping characters using document.write()
as an example
- Practice using a reference such as a reference book,
textbook or API documentation
- Presentation Files: Events,
Part 2 | document.write()
- Example Files: No new files this week. As
always, though, be sure to experiment with this code. Feel free to use the
file as you can ‘mess it up’ as much as you like and then simply download
a fresh copy from this page as needed.
- Assignment: See the D2L checklist for link to the