Policies and Expectations
Policies for Instructors
- A workshop must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance of its date.
- Instructors must be present in the classroom for the duration of their workshop.
- Workshops work best when directly connected with a specific course assignment.
- Digication workshops must be at least 60 minutes long to ensure students have time to engage with the platform.
- Digication workshops must be held in computer labs or be official laptop-required courses.
- Computer labs can be reserved at DePaul Room Scheduling.
The Life Cycle of a Workshop
- An instructor requests a workshop at least 2 weeks before the desired date via the online request form.
- The instructor consults with the Workshops Coordinator to establish workshop learning outcomes & tentative agenda - at least a week before the workshop.
- The Workshops Coordinator collaborates with the Workshops Graduate Assistant and team members to develop materials & agenda to accomplish workshop learning outcomes.
- The Workshops Coordinator sends materials & agenda to the instructor for review & approval; the instructor is encouraged to offer feedback and make recommendations to better customize materials to suit their learning outcomes. If needed, revisions are made (at least 48 hours before the workshop).
- Workshops team members facilitate workshop.
- Workshop attendees are asked to complete post event surveys to provide the Workshops Team with feedback to continue to revise & improve.