- Geschiere, Peter. "Funerals and Belonging: Different Patterns in South Cameroon." African Studies Review (New Brunswick) 48, no. 2 (Sept. 2005): pp. 45-64.
- Geschiere, Peter. Village Communities and the State: Changing Relations among the Maka of Southeastern Cameroon since the Colonial Conquest. London: Kegan Paul International, 1982.
- Geschiere, Peter. Witchcraft, Intimacy, and Trust: Africa in Comparison. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2013.
- Guilbot, J. "Le Bilaba." Journal de la société des africanistes (Paris) 21, no. 2 (1951): pp. 163-174.
- Heath, Daniel. "Tense and Aspect in Makaa," in Tense and Aspect in Eight Languages of Cameroon, edited by Stephen C. Anderson and Bernard Comrie, pp. 3-15. Summer Institute of Linguistics and the University of Texas at Arlington Publications in Linguistics, no. 99. Dallas: Summer Institute of Linguistics; Arlington, TX: University of Texas at Arlington, 1991.