- Fardon, Richard. “The ethnologist and the missionaries: recording the 1908 Lela in Bali Nyonga,” in Getting Pictures Right: context and interpretation edited by Michael Albrecht. Topics in African studies 3. Köln: Köppe, 2004. [Book reviewed by Adam Joes in Journal of African History 47, no. 1 (2006): pp. 159-160; by David H. Anthony, III in Social Sciences and Missions 23, no. 2 (2010): pp. 307 – 308.]
- Fardon, Richard. Lela in Bali: History through Ceremony in Cameroon.. Cameroon Studies 7. Oxford: Berghahn, 2006. [Reviewed by Ian Fowler in Reviews in Anthropology 40 (2011): pp. 292-311; by Emmanuel Yenshu Vubo in African Affairs 107, no. 428 (2008): pp. 492-494; by Ute Röschenthaler in Journal of African History 48, no. 3 (2007): pp. 501-503.]
- Fochang, Babila George. Wisdom of African Sages. Cameroon: CINRED Publications, 2013.
- Fokwang, John Koyela. A Dictionary of Popular Bali Names. Mankon, Cameroon: Langaa Research and Pub. CIG, 2010.
- Fokwang, Jude Thaddeus Dingbobga and Kehbuma Langmia. Society and change in Bali Nyonga: critical perspectives. Mankon, Cameroon: Langaa RPCIG, 2011.
- Fossungu, Peter Ateh-Afac. Africa’s Anthropological Dictionary on Love and Understanding: Marriage and the Tensions of Belonging in Cameroon. Mankon, Cameroon: Langaa Research and Publishing CIG, 2014.
- Kaberry, P. M. and E. M. Chilver. "An Outline of the Traditional Political System of Bali-Nyonga, Southern Cameroons." Africa: Journal of the International African Institute (London) 31, no. 4 (Oct. 1961): pp. 355-371.
- Nyamndi, Ndifontah B. The Bali Chamba of Cameroon: A Political History. Paris: Cape, n.d.
- Page, Ben. "Slow Going: The Mortuary, Modernity and the Hometown Association in Bali-Nyonga, Cameroon." Africa (Edinburgh University Press) 77, no. 3 (2007): pp. 419-441.
- Page, Ben, Martin Evans, and Claire Mercer. "Revisiting the politics of belonging in Cameroon." Africa 80, no. 3 (2010): pp. 345-370.
- Pius, Soh Bejeng. "The Signification and Role of Royal Symbols on Grassfield Politics," in Africa 3 edited by Shohei Wada and Paul K. Eguchi, pp. 265-287. Senri Ethnological Studies 15. Osaka: National Museum of Ethnology, 1984.
- Russell, Stuart W. Aspects of Development in Rural Cameroon: Political Transition amongst the Bali of Bamenda. Ph.D. Thesis, Boston University, 1980.