Seals and Currencies
- Bacharach, Jere L. A Study of the Correlation between Textual Sources and Numismatic Evidence for Mamluk Egypt and Syria A.H. 784-872/A.D. 1382-1468. Ph.D. diss., University of Michigan, 1967.
- Meinecke, Michael. "Zur mamlukischen Heraldik," Mitteilungen des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts, Abteilung Kairo 28, no. 2 (1972): pp. ???.
- Munro-Hay, Stuart. "The Iconography of Axumite Coinage," in Aspects of Ethiopian Art: From Ancient Axum to the 20th Century. edited by Paul B. Henze, pp. 28-32. London: Jed Press, 1993.
- Pankhurst, Richard. "Ethiopian Royal Seals of the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries," in Ethiopian Studies: Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference, Tel-Aviv, 14-17 April, 1980 edited by G. Goldenberg, pp. 397-417. Rotterdam: Balkema under the auspices of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, 1986.
- Pankhurst, Richard. "'Primitive money' in Ethiopia." Journal de la Société des Africanistes 32, no. 2 (1962): pp. 213-248.
- Teferra, Zelalem. "Axumite Coins and Their Appearance in the Russian Hermitage Museum," in Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on the History of Ethiopian Art, Addis Ababa, 5-8 November 2002 edited by Birhanu Teferra and Richard Pankhurst, pp. 353-370. Addis Ababa: Institute of Ethiopian Studies, Addis Ababa University, 2003.