- Milbourne, Karen Elizabeth. Diplomacy in Motion: Art, Pageantry and the Politics of Creativity in Barotseland. Ph.D., University of Iowa, 2003.
- Miller, Duncan. "Kaonde Copper Smelting: Technical Versatility and the Ethnographic Record," in Society, Culture, and Technology in Africa edited by S. Terry Childs, pp. 79-85. MASCA Research Papers in Science and Technology, Supplement to Vol. 11. Philadelphia: MASCA, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Antrhopology, 1994.
- Phokaides, Petros. "Rural networks and planned communities: Doxiadis Associates’ plans for rural settlements in post-independence Zambia." The Journal of Architecture 23, no. 3 (May 2018): pp. 471-497.
- Rakodi, C. "Colonial Urban Policy and Planning in Northern Rhodesia and Its Legacy." Third World Planning Review 8, no. 3 (1986): pp. 193-217.
- Urry, James. "Symbolic Colour: Victor Turner Reassessed." JASO: Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford (Oxford) 2, no. 1 (1971): pp. 9-17.