- Armstrong, A. "Urban Planning in Developing Countries: An Assessment of Master Plans for Dar es Salaam, Tanzania." Singapore Journal of Tropical Geography 7, no. 1 (1986): pp. 12-27.
- Ayisi, Florence and Catalin Brylla. "The Politics of Representation and Audience Reception: Alternative Visions of Africa." Research in African Literatures 44, no. 2 (2013): pp. 125-141.
- Carter, P. L. "Hunter Gatherers: Past and Present." JASO: Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford 18, no. 1 (1987): pp. 67-69.
- Chittick, H. N. Kilwa: An Islamic Trading City on the East African Coast. Memoirs of the British Institute in East Africa 5. Nairobi: British Institute in East Africa, 1974. [Review by Raymond Mauny available online in Journal de la Société des Africanistes 45, no. 1-2 (1975): p. 223.]
- Kessy, Emanuel Thomas. The Relationship Between the Later Stone Age and Iron Age Cultures of Central Tanzania. Ph.D., Simon Fraser U., 2005.
- Kirkman, James S. “Excavations at Ras Mkumbuu on the Island of Pemba.” Tanganyika Notes and Re¬cords 53 (1959): pp. 161-78.
- Kirkman, James S. “Kilwa - The Cutting Behind the Defensive Wall.” Tanganyika Notes and Records 10 (1958): pp. 94-101.
- Merrick, Harry V., Francis H. Brown, and William P. Nash. "Use and Movement of Obsidian in the Early and Middle Stone Ages of Kenya and Northern Tanzania," in Society, Culture, and Technology in Africa edited by S. Terry Childs, pp. 29-44. MASCA Research Papers in Science and Technology, Supplement to Vol. 11. Philadelphia: MASCA, University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Antrhopology, 1994.
- Mhando, Martin R. and Laurian Kipeja. "Creative/Cultural industries financing in Africa: A Tanzanian film value chain study." Journal of African Cinemas 2, no. 1 (July 2010): pp. 3-25.
- Mosha, A.C. "Towards Decentralised Urbanisation: Tanzania's Experience," in Equity with Growth?: Planning Perspectives for Small Towns in Developing Countries edited by H.D. Kammeier and P.J. Swan, pp. 586-92. Bangkok: Asian Institute of Technology, 1984.
- Mshana, Fadhili Safieli. Art and Identity among the Zaramo of Tanzania. Ph.D., State University of New York at Binghamton, 2000.
- Page, Melvin E. and Patrick R. Bennett. "The Inscribed Sandals of Tippu Tip." Journal de la Société des Africanistes 42, no. 2 (1972): pp. 187-191.
- Reinwald, Brigitte. "Tonight at the Empire: Cinéma et urbanité à Zanzibar." Afrique & histoire, special issue Villes d'Afrique: Circulation et expressions culturelles edited by Odile Goerg (Paris) 5 (April 2006): pp. ????.
- Schmidt, Peter R. Historical Archaeology: A Structural Approach in an African Culture. Contributions in Intercultural and Comparative Studies 3. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1978. [Reviewed by Jean-Pierre Chrétien, review available online in Journal des africanistes 50, no. 50/1 (1980): pp. 166-167.]
- Sheriff, Abdul, ed. The History and Conservation of Zanzibar Stone Town. East African Studies Series, Part 1 of the proceedings of the International Conference onthe History and Culture of Zanzibar, Zanzibar, 13-16 December 1992. Zanzibar: Department of Archives, Museums & Antiquities in association with London: James Currey; Athens, OH: Ohio University Press; Nairobi: E.A.E.P., 1995.
- Shore, D. "Steel-Making in Ancient Africa," in Blacks in Science: Ancient and Modern edited by I. Van Sertima, pp. 157-62. New Brunswick: Transaction Books, 1983.
- Stroeken, Koen. "In Search of the Real: The Healing Contingency of Sukuma Divination," in Divination and Healing: Potent Vision edited by Michael Winkelman and Philip M. Peek, pp. 29-54. Tucson, AZ: The University of Arizona Press, 2004.