461 Class Notes
Class notes are provided to help you prepare for class and to help you interact in class (if you're not furiously writing in class, you can participate more fully). Please bring class notes with you to class each night. There will be evenings in which we will not complete the planned class notes. The next class period will pick up where the last one left off, unless otherwise announced.
- Session 1 History, Voice Characteristics
- Session 2 Telephone Network, Telephone Set, Analog v. Digital
- Session 3 Basic Transmission, Analog vs. Digital, Carrier Services.
- Session 4 Lines vs. Trunks, Traffic Engineering, PBX, Centrex, and Key Systems.
- Session 5 Voice Processing, T-Carrier system, Public Switched Data Network.
- Session 6 Local Area Networks.
- Session 7--finish notes from Session 6
- Session 8 Digital Networks.
- Video Conferencing Notes
Other Relevant Resources