CS315: Session 3
Class for Wednesday, 24 June, will be held in DePaul Center
room 8011, which is an interactive video room. Please be on time and have
group questions ready for the technical expert, Philip Horvath, and the faculty expert, Dr. David Levin, regarding NICE and the Groupware cases.
- Exam 1--until 6:30
- Roster Case-Entity Relationship Diagram
- Define "fields"
- Identify Entities
- Identify Attributes
- Data Normalization
- Put roster data into first normal form
- Put roster data into second normal form
- Put roster data into third normal form
- Revisit Data Flow Diagram
- Make all necessary changes to DFD based on the ERD
- View proposed DFD-level 1 on the HyperNews Group under topic 1.
- Use the Annotations program (see the HyperNews group note for instructions) to discuss the three diagrams.