Exam 2 Sample: Eric Smith, 90/90
- Fixed Data Flow Diagram
2a. None of the data sets is in third normal form, though C is almost close.
2b. Variation A. In the Inventory entity, there are no key fields. Searching on a database would be impossible. Without a unique identifier for the entities, every single piece of information would have to be provided to use data, and if you already know all the data, why would you need an Information System?
- A and B-specs.
Objective 1: Support for a uniform safety training program.
- Support a uniform safety training program by the time the system is on-line for all users of the chemicals.
- Provide classes in 10 county areas;
- Provide a certification exam for students by the time the system is on line.
- Select teachers suitable for teaching classes such that we are capable of teaching in all ten locations throughout the year;
- Divide the organization structure such that there are two managers for each half of the teachers and one supervisor over them;
- Provide a certification exam for teachers;
- Rent ten rooms at local community colleges and high schools in which to hold the training sessions.
Objective 2: Planning for new facilities to meet material safety data requirements
- Make sure new facilities meet MSD requirements before they are on line.
- Provide the basic PC or Mac platform (manager preference) at each new facility before opening.
- Make sure MSD system software is immediately installed as soon as computer is available, including software for running the system (operating system) as well as the MSDS data.