Monday, November 17, 2008

Livescribe Pulse Smartpen Update

I am generally impressed with the Livescribe Pulse pen  (which I introduced to faculty during August’s Technology Tuesday session). I pretty much carry this with me everywhere. It is great for taking notes and the concept of pencasting is extremely innovation. Livescribe just announced that they are releasing the Mac Desktop Public Beta sometime in the next seven days. The Mac desktop offers two new features that I am particularly interested in:

• Export notes as PDF
  • Export recordings as AAC

Windows users should have the option to purchase Handwriting to Text Transcription shortly. The cost should be about $29.95. The software is offered from VisionObjects.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Livescribe Pulse Smartpen Update"

Blogger Tiffany said ... (December 17, 2008 2:24 PM) : 

The pen works for Mac now! I wonder, what have you done to prevent the pen's love of rolling :P

Blogger James Moore said ... (December 17, 2008 2:26 PM) : 

Chewing gum...

Blogger Tiffany said ... (December 17, 2008 2:32 PM) : 

Hasn't the pen rolling off desktops been a problem for you? I always have to readjust its positioning!

Blogger James Moore said ... (December 17, 2008 2:45 PM) : 

Less a problem with rolling off a desk, more a problem with rolling in such a way that the microphone is covered. An adjustment to the pen barrel would fix this.

Blogger James Moore said ... (December 17, 2008 2:52 PM) : 

Tiffany - are you the same Tiffany who posted on TechTalk:

http://talktech.tv/2008/08/28/interview-with-livescribe/

Blogger Tiffany said ... (December 17, 2008 3:08 PM) : 

Uh oh =( my face actually turned red when I saw that. I have to admit that was me, but hopefully that that was done in September means something =\ I did have my little period of search and type/comment... The thing is, there are always people who are responsive and actually use the code, so that fueled me to do some more. But yeah, I don't want to hinder my friend's efforts to get his job done, that's why I'm glad I stumbled upon your other blog

post a comment