Testing the Entourage eDGe
The nice folks at enTourage Systems and CDW-G have let me borrow an Entourage eDGe to test for the next 30 days.
The eDGe is an interesting device – it is a dualbook, with an e-ink e-reader screen on one side, and an Android-based tablet on the other. The concept is that this could be the perfect student device – it would allow students to conveniently carry all their textbooks in a way that made taking notes very easy.
The box contained:
• USB Cable
• Power brick
• Instructions card
Over the next few days I will be experimenting with the device. The final report will end up here, but I may blog about some of the discoveries on my personal blog.
enTourage eDGe™ Specifications
- Dimensions: 8.25" by 10.75" by 1.0" (closed)
• Weight: approx. 3 lbs.
• Internal Memory: 4 GB (3 GB for user)
• Reader File Formats: ePub, PDF
• LCD Touchscreen (Tablet) Display Size: 1024 x 600 (10.1")
• E-paper (Reader) Display Size: 9.7" E Ink® (1200 x 825), 8 shades of gray
• E-paper (Reader) Input: Wacom Penabled®
• Operating System: Linux® with Google® Android™
• Screen Rotation: 90 and 180 degrees
• Connectivity: Wi-Fi™ 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth® capability
• Battery Life: 16+ hours utilizing the reader or up to 6 hours running the tablet
• Battery Type: Lithium-ion polymer
• External Memory: SD card slot, 2 USB ports
• Audio and Microphone Jack: 3.5 mm each. Includes internal microphone and speakers.
• Audio playback: MP3, WAV, 3GPP, MP4, AAC, OGG, M4A
• Video playback: 3GP, MP4, Adobe Flash Lite® (H.264), AVI (DivX encoded), AVI (Xvid encoded), MOV, WMV
• Input: Stylus input on reader and tablet. Virtual keyboard. USB keyboard (optional)