Beth Rubin shared an interesting blog with me this morning - Tony Bates is exploring “models for selecting and using technology” in education on his blog. Two posts have been written already, with a proposed schedule as follows:
- The challenge
- A (very) short history of educational technology and what it tells us
- Defining the characteristics of educational technologies
- Media and technology
- The affordances of different technologies and media
- Does educational theory help in choosing/using technology?
- What other factors should we consider? (This post will probably be expanded into separate posts on accessibility, students, costs, and organizational issues).
- Developing frameworks for selecting and using educational technologies
- What have we learned?
This look like the beginning of both a great conversation and a great series on educational technology.