Software Secure will be releasing RPNow Version 2.0 (Remote Proctor Now) on Wednesday, July 22nd.
Version 2 includes these updates:
- A new recording and video upload process: The software will “Store-and-forward” the video records on the student’s local machine. The files will be uploaded while the user is in the exam, and a pop-up will occur after the software is closed if more time is needed to complete the upload of the video. This method is more robust and allows the option to lower the bandwidth requirement for the system check allowing access to RPNow for users that may not have been able to in the past.
- PC Only: The Browser rendering engine Internet Explorer has been replaced with a “chrome” based version. Chrome isn’t required to be installed on the PC. This will eliminate Software Secure's dependency on what is preinstalled on the user’s computer and eliminate rendering issues that are becoming more common due to updates to exam delivery systems.
- The interview process had been updated with a more modern look and feel. A “Room Scan” review step has been included which now provides end-users/students a review of their Room Scan video before progressing onto other steps.
- MAC Only: Updated with the new interview process explained in number 3 above.
- Windows 10 support. The current version doesn’t support Windows 10.
NOTE: Support for Windows XP and Mac 10.6.x and 10.7.x will end once the new version has been released.
The reverify update is now available. This allows students that are flagged for not providing an ID or providing an unverifiable ID to have another attempt to submit prior to being reported.
Apple has recently noted that it expects to release its newest operating system (OS), MAC 10.10 (or Yosemite), on October 21st, 2014.
For some College of Business online courses, students are using Software Secure’s Remote Proctor Now service for online midterm and final exams.
Currently, Remote Proctor Now developers are reviewing this update to ensure they can support the new OS as quickly after the release as possible. Students using RP Now should not attempt to use or upgrade to MAC 10.10 until Software Secure has confirmed compatibility.
More information will be made available within the next several weeks, and posted here.