The basic details of the position are as follows:
This Video Production/Instructional Designer will assist the Driehaus College of Business faculty and staff in designing, recording, editing and producing video material for online, hybrid and web-enhanced business courses. The position will also manage all Driehaus College of Business video content and assets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, record, edit and produce video material for online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
- Manage all Driehaus College of Business video content and assets.
- Create Driehaus College of Business reusable learning objects, and record selected events.
- Edit, update and produce multimedia materials and learning objects.
- Consult on best use of DePaul video technologies, multimedia materials and learning objects.
- Showcase and market DePaul courses through electronic means and public events.
- Future duties may require supervision of student workers and graduate assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree.
- Video production expertise.
- 5+ years of editing experience with Apple Final Cut Pro HD.
- 5+ years of technical production.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of video editing software, audio mixing, streaming technologies, HTML, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Skilled in lighting production, stage management and field production techniques and standards.
- Skilled in visualizing and shooting concepts effectively.
- Skilled in video pedagogy.
- Ability to work some evenings or weekends.
- Ability to periodically spend extended periods of time standing during filming.
- Ability to move camera and lighting equipment in the studio and out in the field.
- Business degree.
- Experience in online course design.
To apply, please visit here.
With the College of Commerce’s name change to the Driehaus College of Business, there is an opportunity to update many of the videos we use. Above, is an example of the video introductions we use (from Kelly Pope).
You can find these introductory videos on iTunes U, D2L and on some faculty webpages. Look out for more exciting videos later this year.
In conjunction with the change in the name of the college, our undergraduate degree title is changed from BSC--Bachelor of Science in Commerce to BSB- Bachelor of Science in Business.
“DePaul University today announced a $30 million gift from Chicago momentum investment pioneer and philanthropist Richard H. Driehaus to enhance the academic programs of its 100-year-old College of Commerce. Coming as the College enters its centennial year, the record gift is expected to transform the future of business education at DePaul, the largest private, nonprofit university in the Midwest.”
More information can be found here