July 6th - D2L: How It Works
This session will provide you will a thorough understanding of how the various elements in D2L operate. You will see how existing courses have been successfully copied from Blackboard to D2L
July 20th - D2L Basics
There are three basic functions of D2L that will be covered in this session:
- Uploading documents.
- Use of course cartridges.
In this short session, you will learn the basics of D2L. Links to documentation, videos and hands-on training will be provided.
Both events will be taking place in the CNA 405 computer labs (no food or drinks please). The events will start at 9 a.m. and run a little longer than the regular Technology Tuesdays.
For more information, and to RSVP please visit the Technology Tuesdays page.
IDD is running a specialized staff training for D2L (D2L Fundamentals for Staff Training) on July 9th. If you are a Commerce member of staff and world like to attend please get in touch.
Lastly, D2L documentation is available on D2L’s website. This documentation will be available in a customized format on DePaul’s website, but you can access the original documentation by enrolling in the Desire2Learn Community:
- Go to https://community.desire2learn.com
• Click on “Enrollment” (top right hand corner of page)
• Enter your First Name
• Enter your Last Name
• Enter your Work E-mail Address
• Enter your Organization Name (DePaul University)
• Enter your Type of Organization (Higher Education)
• Enter your Role (Administration, Instruction or Other)
• Then click on “Submit”
- Once you have your username and password, you can log into the system and then read the documentation for the D2L Learning Environment:
- Click on “Documentation”
- Click on “frameless Desire2Learn help”
- Click on Learning Environment
(the site also contains a wealth of videos and tutorials)