- Development of Course Content
- Assessment of student learning in an online environment
- Content Delivery
- Distinctive Pedagogical Features
- Full-time and Part-time faculty, self-nominated or nominated by a colleague.
- Taught a fully online course for the Driehaus College of Business or Kellstadt Graduate School of Business in the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Taught at least three sections of online coursework over the past three calendar years.
To be considered for this award, submit the following to James Moore, Director of Online Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org (ex officio) prior to 9:00am on April 1, 2018:
- Copy of course syllabi
- 500-word narrative highlighting the reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award
- Examples of unique online course materials you have used over time, focused on: feedback & coaching, development of course content, assessment, content delivery, distinctive pedagogical features
- Other applicable materials (online teaching evaluation, letter of support, etc.)
The awardee will receive a plaque and college-wide recognition.
2013 The Kellstadt Marketing Center Distinguished Professional Educator Award For Excellence in Teaching
On Friday, Jan Gollins and I were presented with the 2013 Kellstadt Marketing Center Distinguished Professional Educator Awards For Excellence in Teaching. I love teaching for the Kellstadt Marketing Center, so the award means a great deal to me. I have learnt much from watching how others at DePaul teach, and if i do something well it is because I have had so many great people demonstrate what works well in the classroom. Congratulation Jan!
Congratulations to Kelly Richmond Pope (Assistant Professor, School of Accountancy)and to Rick Salisbury (Video Producer for the College of Business)! They received the ‘Best Contribution to Teaching Award’ from the Professionalism and Ethics Committee and Public Interest Section of the American Accounting Association for their work on ‘Crossing the Line: Ordinary People Committing Extraordinary Crimes. This award will be presented at this year’s annual meeting in Washington, D.C.