Tom Maier and I attended the Adobe Seminar (Exploring Creative Cloud for Enterprise) this morning. At the event Tom and I asked:
- Where can faculty, who may be intimidated by the Adobe resources for creative professionals, get documentation on how to use the Creative Cloud programs? i.e. Where can you get info on the fundamentals?
- Where can faculty get and see examples of best practice in education using the Creative Cloud programs?
The answer to question one was:
(and click on Fundamentals)
The answer to question two was:
Adobe Education Exchange. Membership is free, but needs an Adobe ID.
Adobe Education Exchange also has a series of MOOCs (providing a certificate) that train educators in the various tools. This is something I highly recommend.
Josh Luttig, my colleague in Information Services, just shared these Adobe Creative Cloud resources with me:
- Adobe Education Exchange (free tutorials and professional development): http://edex.adobe.com
- Adobe TV (tons of free videos) http://tv.adobe.com
- More learning tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/learn/tutorials.html
DePaul has a great deal, where staff and faculty can use Adobe CC on home machines for only $10 a year. Work computers have Adobe CC installed for free. More information can be found here: