Master of Science in Accountancy
The Master of Science in Accountancy Online Program launched this year. The MSA prepares students for a career in accounting by providing a formal integrated sequence of courses which emphasize topics that are relevant to the work of a professional accountant, including the competencies required for successful preparation for the CPA Examination.
- Flexible class structure to work into your personal weekly schedule
- Study at your own pace—any hour of the day, from any place in the world with Internet access.
- Opportunity to revisit material as much as you need for comprehensive learning
- Modular content, with video lectures, online quizzes, online exams, and rich discussion.
- Access to material 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Instructors available regularly for direct feedback and help with content
Courses are taught by top-ranked faculty with a commitment to teaching excellence and innovation. Faculty include former and current high-level working professionals from a network of accounting firms.
The MSA degree requires the completion of 15 courses. Students who have not already taken introductory accounting at the undergraduate level are also expected to complete ACC 500 Financial Accounting.
11 Accountancy courses
- ACC 541 Financial Accounting Theory & Practice I
- ACC 542 Cost and Managerial Accounting I
- ACC 543 Financial Accounting Theory & Practice II
- ACC 545 Advanced Topics in Accounting Theory
- ACC 547 Audit and Regulation of Corporate Financial Planning
- ACC 548 Tax Treatment of Individuals and Property Transactions
- ACC 550 Advanced Topics in Auditing
- ACC 551 Tax Treatment of Corporations and Partnerships
- ACC 552 Legal and Ethical Environment of Accounting Practice
- ACC 640 Accounting Theory and Policy Formulation
- Accountancy or Business Elective
4 Management Core courses
- ECO 501 Concepts of Micro and Macro Economics
- FIN 555 Financial Management
- GSB 420 Applied Quantitative Analysis
- ACC 535 Accounting Systems
*In addition, students complete one elective course which may be completed at any time. A list of course options will be provided ahead of time.
Admission and Tuition
For detailed admission requirements visit www.kellstadt.depaul.edu/admissions
- Completed online application form and application fee (depaul.edu/apply)
- Official transcripts from each college previously attended
- Two essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS score (for non-native English speakers)
- External evaluation of educational credentials (for applicants with international credits)
Each MSA course is 4.0 quarter credits, except for ACC 640 which is 5.0 quarter credits. The 2012-13 tuition rate is $935 per credit hour. For tuition details visit www.studentaccounts.depaul.edu.