Tech Tuesdays: Demystifying D2L’s Quizzes
Josh Lund will be presenting at the next Tech Tuesday on Demystifying D2L’s Quizzes.
Still stuck giving paper quizzes and exams? Wish there was an easier, or better, way to assess your students? This workshop is an in-depth exploration of Desire2Learn’s Quizzes tool. Topics covered will include:
- The different question types available in a D2L quiz- which to use and which NOT to use
- Creating randomized and scrambled test questions and test banks to automatically give each student a different exam
- Setting quiz parameters such as availability and time limits
- Using publisher content- importing test banks and making your text do the work for you
- Converting paper exams into D2L-formatted quizzes quickly
- Where to get help when you’re stuck
Please note that this will take place in the FITS Training Room on the 12th floor of the Lewis Building (Lewis 1266). The room is equipped with laptops.
Josh Lund is the FITS department's Senior Instructional Technology Consultant for the Driehaus College of Business, CPE, and the School of Music. He provides support for online course development, leads workshops, and researches best practices in teaching and learning to bring directly to faculty.
- Date: Tuesday March 31
- Time: 10-11 a.m.
- Location: Lewis 1266