Desire2Learn for Busy Faculty
Three dedicated D2L training sessions are offered for Commerce faculty this month, as an extension of the regular Technology Tuesdays. The three sessions are designed to help Commerce faculty quickly create a Desire2Learn course from scratch in less than 15 minutes, and to highlight how DePaul supports faculty using technology. You will also have an opportunity to add the Commerce template to any of your courses during the session. The Commerce D2L template provides dedicated technology resources for your students.
These hand-on sessions will cover:
- How to create a course in less than 15 minutes, including:
- Uploading all your handouts and resources
- Creating a news announcement
- Creating a D2L user profile
- Creating a D2L discussion board
- Creating a D2L dropbox
- Emailing your students
- Activating your course
- Copying a D2L course
- Adding guest presenters and teaching assistants
- Deactivating a course
- Embedding a YouTube Video
- Linking to online resources
- Commerce course templates
- D2L resources and training.
The three D2L sessions will be held in DPC 6306 (the trading room on the 6th floor of the DePaul Center) on these dates and times:
- Wednesday, February 15th. 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 16th. 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m
- Tuesday, February 28th. 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m
DPC 6306 is a PC-equipped room. You will be able to update or create your D2L course during the session.
You can RSP for the sessions here.