- Development of Course Content
- Assessment of student learning in an online environment
- Content Delivery
- Distinctive Pedagogical Features
- Full-time and Part-time faculty, self-nominated or nominated by a colleague.
- Taught a fully online course for the Driehaus College of Business or Kellstadt Graduate School of Business in the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Taught at least three sections of online coursework over the past three calendar years.
To be considered for this award, submit the following to James Moore, Director of Online Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org (ex officio) prior to 9:00am on April 1, 2018:
- Copy of course syllabi
- 500-word narrative highlighting the reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award
- Examples of unique online course materials you have used over time, focused on: feedback & coaching, development of course content, assessment, content delivery, distinctive pedagogical features
- Other applicable materials (online teaching evaluation, letter of support, etc.)
The awardee will receive a plaque and college-wide recognition.
I hope you are enjoying Spring Break, and are relaxed and rejuvenated for classes next week. There have been some significant improvements to D2L recently, such as the “Daylight” interface that provides a mobile-friendly design that allows students and faculty to have a pleasant experience no matter what device they use (our students have been very happy about this).
Josh Lund from FITS will be providing a guest presentation on Tuesday March 27th. Here is what he has to say:
What’s New in D2L: 2018 UpdateHaven’t looked under the hood in a while? Come to this Tech Tuesday for a look at some new features you might have missed. D2L has a new look and feel, Daylight, and with it come some new options to enhance your course, stay on top of your class progress and create a better experience for all.
Date: Tuesday March 27th
Time: 12PM – 1PM
Location: DPC 7406 on the 7th Floor of the DePaul Center
You can RSVP for the event here:
I hope you can attend.
Registration opens March 27th for the 34th Annual Distance Teaching & Learning Conference!
Join 800 distance education professionals for three days of innovation, inspiration, and connection. Gain new skills, fresh knowledge, and the motivation to apply what you've learned.
Learn more at https://dtlconference.wisc.edu/