Next: Creating virtual affective states
Up: Integrating affective computing into
Previous: The Affective Reasoning Platform
Although space limits our discussion here, preliminary thought has
been given to the following design aspects of an emotion-rich tutoring
- Engaging the user. Focus on interesting personalities, building
better listeners, alternative collaboration modes (e.g.,
competition, dynamic relationships).
- Fostering Enthusiasm in the user for the subject domain.
Emotion-based domain enthusiasm in the tutors may help to foster this in
- Models with two or more automated tutors working in concert.
Good cop / bad cop, chorus of approval, agents who are interested in
different (albeit equally important) aspects of the domain.
- Sample personality types in Steve. Sanguine, melancholy,
supportive, competitive, warm, formal, etc., giving a wide array
of types to use for instruction, engagement, humor, and the like.
- Modeling the user's affective state. Covered below.
Mon Mar 10 19:53:21 EST 1997